Re: [oletrucks] fuel injection

To: "Claude" <cramey@dashlink.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] fuel injection
From: "Tony" <t847319@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:28:21 -0500
There is a company called TPIS that has a $25 booklet called "Insider Hints"
that tells you how to hotrod these type of engines. I had an 85 corvette and
I put in a new GM engine with aftermarket Cam, heads, TPI intake system and
headers.  If you're going to do any hotrodding the big issue is the
computer. The MAF systems are more forgiving for minor modifications than
the MAP (per TPIS). If you are going to leave it stock you should be fine,
but get ready to learn how to read the trouble shooting  charts and testing
sensors and chasing engine codes, etc..  I've got a 59 Chevy Pickup that
I've built a 383 for which will run a 4-barrel carb.  I got tired of messing
with the computer all the time.  By the way, when I finished my mods I had
to spend $575 having a special prom burnt for my computer, mostly to
overlook the lower than stock vacumn at idle (cam).  With the MAF system I
could make then tuning changes without reprogramming the prom, with a MAP
system I would have to have the prom reprogrammed more often.  Again if
you're not going to hot rod you should be ok.

Good luck.

Tony