[oletrucks] Problem Starting my '47

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Problem Starting my '47
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:46:18 -0400
Weather here was beautiful today (mid-70s), so I took my '47 out for a spin.
Stopped at the grocery store, and when I returned to my truck, it wouldn't
start.  Acted like the battery was run down.  Nothing but a low, slow growl
when I hit the starter.  I pushed it off and it ran great.....as always.
('56 235 engine.)  I only left it sitting for about 20 minutes, and I know
the ignition was turned off.  Now it cranks great, even after sitting for an
hour or more.  The same thing happened to me about a year and a half ago,
but hasn't happened again until today.  Any idea what might be causing this?
Battery seems to be fine.  Can't find any wires that look suspicious.  Any
suggestions??
Thanks!
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC