[oletrucks] Steering Box Help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering Box Help
From: NTemple46@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:34:10 EDT
The steering box on my 46 2-ton chevy is shot and I have already gone through
the last bit of life in the box from my parts truck.  I haven't found a
source for rebuilding or replacing that box.  I want to keep the heavy duty
aspect of the front end and the stock wheels however I would also really like
to improve the reliability(safety) and handling of the front end.  Does
anyone have ideas as to a steering box (power or not) that could be modified
to fit my truck, and or a vehicle that could be a donor for a more modern
solid front axle setup?  Also what happens with my current steering column
and shaft setup as they are integral with the steering box on the stock unit?
    Thanks

Neil Temple
Arroyo Grande , CA
46 2-ton Chevy