[oletrucks] Rear Axle Swaps.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Axle Swaps.
From: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:20:58 -0400
List,

I am trying to gather info on rear axle widths. I have a 1940 3/4 ton with 6
bolt pattern. I would like to keep the six bolt pattern and switch out the
entire rear axle for something that will give me better cruising speeds.

Is it possible to take a later 1/2 ton axle (six bolt) and convert it to run
under the 3/4. I know the springs and everything are all different. So some
welding will be needed. I image that's true of any switch I make.

If it is, I was wondering where I can get some info on axle widths for
various years.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

Bill