[oletrucks] Finicky Carb.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Finicky Carb.
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 00:07:39 GMT
Hello all,
Sorry this is a few years off the list but I need serious help.
    Was wondering if anyone could help me out here. Got a '66 with a 230 I6
that has a real finicky carb. on it. It's a single barrell with an electric
choke and what appears to be an electric idle solenoid.
    My problem is that when the engine is cold, and by cold I just mean that
it's not at normal operating temp. It can be 95 degrees outside and this
thing is still cold. Anyway when this thing is cold it won't hardly run at
all. I can get it running long enough to get thru first gear but once I
shift into second this thing acts like I shifted into fourth at 5mph. It's
also a guarantee that at the first few stop signs the truck dies.
     I've tried adjusting the carb. fifty different ways to no avail.Now
oncethis thing warms up to normal operating temp. she runs like a top.I'm
wondering if this is supposed to have a preheater tube on it to help
vaporize the fuel when cold or if there is something I'm missing. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Jeff Davis
'51 3100
'66 C10