[oletrucks] above and beyond the call...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] above and beyond the call...
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:16:51 -0500
I would like to publicly thank Grant Galbraith for Ole Trucker Duty above
and beyond the call...
As some of you know, I have played Capt. Ahab to the Great White Whale of
the Deluxe Spare Tire Carrier. I have seen a handful, found a couple for
sale ($175-250), even purchased a few of the involved parts from Doug
Clark. I even found HALF of one welded to the back of a truck 2 blocks from
my house! Never an affordable one (to me), or the most important part - the
carrier arm.

But even after an unfortunate misunderstanding regarding these things a few
months ago (I  inadvertently swept him into my get-rich-quick  scheme of
making repros :)    ), Grant recently offerred me his extra carrier arm,
for a reasonable price, and then shipped it priority mail!

At long last my tire will not be rolling around in the bed; doubly sweet
now that I have redone the bed wood and it looks so pretty!!

Thanks Grant, and thanks to all the other Ole Truckers on this List who
have helped Stephanie and I keep this truck rolling....

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe