Re: [oletrucks] Brake Anchor Pin

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Anchor Pin
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 08:42:16 -0700
I recently did a bunch of work on my brakes ('51 half ton ) and I
noticed some wear on the pin so while I had it out I just turned it 180
deg so the brake shoe rides on a fresh surface .follow the instructions
in the shop manual about getting it set right and put a little anti
seize past where the shoe contacts it . to Remove the pin just use a BAW
(big ass wrench) and some good penetrant like Kroil or BP laster mine
came out without to much fuss.

Gordon Groves