Re: [oletrucks] ring and pinion trouble 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ring and pinion trouble 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:27:36 GMT
Alan,

Thanks for the heads up on Colorado Truck Shop.  I went there for an oil
bath air cleaner.  The owner (name?) said that he would buy my old oil bath
cleaner but didn't.  Also said that he had 'tons' of oil bath cleaners for
AD trucks.  After about an hour of searching through junk we came up with
one that I made work.  I don't think that I will let them do any work on my
truck.

Have you tried Mile High Classic on York street?  They seem to know what's
going on.  I've only been there once and that was just for parts.

The guy who did the
>restoration work on my truck last spring (Brad at Colorado Truck Shop,
>Denver) finally admitted today that he had lied to me about putting in a
>Patricks ring and pinion setup in my truck.  Seems he thought Patricks'
>stuff was too pricey, so he kept the money I gave him to buy the kit from
>Patricks and put in something else

Durwood
51 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window