Re: [oletrucks] Themorsat Question

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>, "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Themorsat Question
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 07:12:04 -0600
Back then, they ran lower temps. one reason is when alcohol is used for freeze
protection, one couldn't run the engine hotter, because the alcohol would boil
away. I run the hottest thermo I can. On my 57 I had an electric fan thermo set
at about 195º. The hotter an engine runs within reason, the better it will run
and increase mileage and lower emissions. Be sure to run the 4 or 7 pound cap
like the rad is designed for. Don't use a 16 pound cap.