Re: [oletrucks] Radio Questions

To: gls@4link.net, jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net (Jays Mail)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radio Questions
From: EKWatson@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 22:26:58 EDT
I thought I would answer everyone in the same email........

Eric, what's the model no for 54/55.1 chev?
Thanks, Grant

The model for 1955-59 Chevrolet truck radio is 987187.  It is a 6 tube
(including rectifier) superheterodyne receiver designed for 1955 Chevrolet
truck installation. The radio consists of a radio receiver unit with an
external speaker.
_______________________________________
Hi Eric while on the subject of stock radio's I have what I thought was a
stock AD radio but turns out I was fooled. it looked close enough to stock
that I bought entire cab and front clip just to get the radio.oops the
consolation is I have a good grille and a good door but anyway I still think
this may be a stock radio out of maybe a task force series or a truck?
here's the model#982697 it's close enough to the models you listed I'm
just hoping it's OEM radio for something that some body on the list can use

The 982xxx series is for Oldsmobile (GM DIV.) and I am going to guess that
maybe your model is 985697, That would be a Chevrolet radio - say 1940
vintage.