Re: [oletrucks] AD rear spring shackle mount

To: Survyvr1@webtv.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD rear spring shackle mount
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:18:19 -0400
   I personally would not replace factory rivets with bolts unless you have
no other choice. Once you have tried to remove these rivets you may agree
that they hold better than any bolt can.  They swell up in the hole making a
very tight grip. Bolts can't do this unless you ream the hole to an exact
under-size and press them in. Also, it's no easy task to remove the rivets,
midway through you may reconsider the wisdom of it.

     There have been some threads about removing the bushings, I think some
people use long bolts and spacers. I used a porta power connected to a large
C-squeezer. Another option might be to carefully cut part way through  the
sides with a hacksaw blade or dremel and split them

Grant