RE: [oletrucks] Brake Lines

To: "'Barry Heigher'" <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Brake Lines
From: "Radicic, Gary" <RadicicG@osc.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:28:04 -0500
Barry,
Just did a 50 3/4 ton.  Best to get your yard stick and diagram out your brake
lines on a sheet of paper. Most of the lines will vary from short 12 to 20" to
50" sections.  A lot will depend on where your flexlines and connector blocks
are located.  With the diagram you will be able to decide how many of each
length, plus connectors and clips you will need.

Really suggest getting the double flange brake line tool from an auto parts
store.  It may cost $25-40, but it will allow you to cut and flange the cheap
steel lines for your needs.  Actually the steel lines will be one of the
cheapest items you will be buying to do your brakes.  I think a whole set of
lines will run about $20-25 from you local Auto parts store.  So if you mess up
on a longer line, you can cut and use it on a shorter run.

Have fun!

Gary Radicic
1950 Chev 3604