Re: [oletrucks] Sand blaster

To: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>, "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sand blaster
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:16:18 -0700
I have one, and it gets the job done, although some of the parts are a
little flimsy, and you have to shake the tank a lot.  I had a lot of trouble
with it until I tried No. 30 silica sand.  This stuff flows nicely, but
unless you wear the right respirator, it is supposed to give you cancer.

40 lb is quite a good bit of sand.  You'll be ready for a break when you it
is time to refill.  5 HP is the minimum adequate compressor.  Your pump will
work had to keep up.  Make sure to give it a rest every 20 min or so.

Regards,

Grant S