RE: [oletrucks] Patch Panels

To: "'Bill Broadway'" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Patch Panels
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:00:07 -0400
Bill

Can't help you with the patch panels but I can with the latches.

Contact Ball's Rod & Custom 1-888-802-2557. They have probably the best
actuator system going, and it's reasonably priced too.  I would also highly
recommend that you use their bear claw latches.  They are high quality and
will not hang up.  Don't use you're old latches.  The last thing you want to
do is have one stick and not be able to get in.  While you're at it design
the system to have an alternative way to get in that won't require you to
break a window.  On my pro-street 41 Chevy coupe I have two separate
circuits for the actuators.  One opens the drivers door and has a switch on
the inside to open the passengers door.  The other is wired to the
passengers door only and is operated by a button located near the battery.
Each is on it's own fuse and both circuits operate autonomously. That way if
one fails the other can get me in.  The odds of both actuators or their
separate circuits failing at the same time are about as high as winning the
lottery so I figure I'm safe there.

Good luck

Bill Whittaker
'53 3100 Hemi