[oletrucks] Three Speed Tranny

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Three Speed Tranny
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:33:15 -0600
Got a buddy who is rebuilding a 54 Chevy. Has a standard three speed on the
column. He took it to a transmission shop along with an old GM 3 speed
transmission that I had laying around. The guy told him that it wasn't worth
repairing/rebuilding the two old transmissions but that he could get him a
rebuilt tranny for $500 plus $300 to install it and put in new clutch and
pressure plate.

First, my buddy is not mechanical so he has to have someone do it for him.
Second does the pricing he was quoted seem WAY out of line to you as it does
to me? Third what might be some of his other options?

Thanks
Jeff Nelson
1953 3600
Paducah, KY