Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal conversions

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal conversions
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:04:20 -0600 (CST)
If you are using the same bulb filaments in back for brakes and turn
signals, when you press on the brake with the turn signal on, all three
bulbs (both rear and one front) will light up steady.

What you need are two double pole double throw toggle switches, one for
each side.  Connect brake light power to one terminal (the normal one) on
each side.  Connect flasher power to the other two end terminals on each
switch.  Run from the middle terminal with two outside wires to the rear
brake/signal lights.  Run from the other middle terminal to the front
signal light.

Set one switch, and the blinkers on one side blink.  Set both swtiches and
the blinkers on both sides blink.  Otherwise just the rear brakes light up
when the brake pedal is pushed.

This basically duplicates what the switch in the column does on newer trucks.

Wouldn't a real turn signal switch work better?

Since this is probably clear as mud, I'll make and scan a wiring diagram
and e-mail it direct to you.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN