Re: [oletrucks] 53 Chev Front fenders

To: "John Howard" <jdhoward@vianet.on.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53 Chev Front fenders
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:45:35 -0500
Oil filter: You can get the "beehive" type for big bucks at most vendors.
Shouldn't be that hard to find a used one in yard or ? still on motor. I
ordered a  new line and hardware kit from www.Chevsofthe40s.com a while
back. It came with instructions to hook it up, too. Recent lists have shown
this is not much of a filter and may lower your oil pressure. some believe
just changing oil at 2 or 3,000 miles is enough. I have one and it IS a pain
to change, as you have to suction oil out of canister and wipe out to get it
all out. Filters can be hard to find also. The National Chevy Association in
Minnesota  612-778-9522 is a great catalog with filter elements and oil
lines listed. They don't show the canisters. It's for 53-54 Chevy cars but
is a great cat and some items fit the trucks. Mine is 93 cat, maybe they are
on-line now, havent' tried.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)