[oletrucks] how common is / was the TF Suburban sliding glass option?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] how common is / was the TF Suburban sliding glass option?
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 20:41:58 EST
    I had a guy email me, saying they came on all TF Suburbans. Maybe in HIS
area, but not in the Virginia/Maryland area! All the TF subs I've ever seen
in junkyards, except for two of them, have had solid glass panes, not sliding
glass. One was already missing both sets, and the other I just got the rear
windows out, as the front sliding pair had already been removed. They're 4
inches different in length. Anyway, was wondering if anyone who has
extensively seen Subs in salvage yards can  comment on how many sliding
windows in the '55-59 era trucks they've seen, as I've not found them common
at all in my area of the country. Just curious,

Jerry, native Virginian
'55 TF Suburban, project hopefully revived soon...