[oletrucks] Tappet adjustment

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tappet adjustment
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:09:15 -0600
Now that I know the clearance for tappet adjustment, and the order of
intake/exhaust valves (Thanks to all who answered), my next question
involves how to set the tappets.  As I recall from years ago, some can be
set with the engine running.  This does not appear to be the case with my
truck.  Can I warm up the engine, cut it off, and have someone "bump" the
starter until the clearance is at the maximum, and adjust each tappet while
the engine is stopped?  Seems like I recall some engines where that was
done.

Thanks!

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)