[oletrucks] One-Piece Door Glass - Revisit

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] One-Piece Door Glass - Revisit
From: "R Welch" <rwelch@ionet.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:46:33 -0600
In Sept 98, there was a discussion of one-piece door glass for the TF
trucks.  I'm curious, now 2 years later, if anybody has purchased one of
these kits.  I saw one on a truck here in Tulsa at the Hot Rod Power Tour
but was unable to find the owner to discuss it with him.  Here is my
original msg:
------------
There was a brief discussion sometime ago about the new one-piece door glass
kits for the 55-59 trucks.  These kits are sold by NoLimit and Brothers
(probably the same kit).  At the time no one had any experience with them.
I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these kits installed yet and how
well it worked.  Jim Forbes commented to me once that the custom one-piece
window glass jobs he ever saw were a mess.  They didn't work right, or the
glass wouldn't go all the way down or it had to stay up, etc.  I have also
heard that the stock mechanism (non-power) is not strong enough to hold up
the one piece glass.  So if anyone has any info to shed on this I'd like to
hear about it.  -Bob

Bob Welch
Bartlesville, OK
56 Cameo