[oletrucks] U-bolt saga, the final chapter

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] U-bolt saga, the final chapter
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:44:40 -0600
No, this isn't a WW-II story.  That would
be a U-BOAT saga.  This is to let you know
that the U-bolts that hold the front axle
of a 1/2 ton TF are available at most FLAPS.

They are found hanging on the pegboard in
the "Help!" section.  You know, the red
cardboard blister packs that have things
like replacement window cranks, lamp
sockets, etc.  The manufacturer's name is
Motormite.  Their part number is 35612.
They come with the self locking nuts.
The only down side is that they are 6"
long instead of the 4" needed for my TF.
That is easy to fix with a hacksaw.

FLAPS charged me $7.50 each.  Even with
sales tax that was somewhat less than
most Ole Truck places get for them,