[oletrucks] One more '49 3100 question - model designation

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] One more '49 3100 question - model designation
From: Holly and Chris Mills <scmills@tntech.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:48:01 -0600
I took a trip to our local Napa store recently and tried to price the
spring shackle bushings. In the catalg was a half dozen model's all based
on two letter codes.

I've got a '49 Chevy 3100 truck - what is it an AD, GP, etc? (there were
many codes I don't remember.

Anyone rehabed their bushings lately and which is cheaper (cheap is
important right now) Napa or the catalogs.

By the way - what type of oil do the knee action shocks use?

THANKS!

CHRIS in Tennessee
scmills@tntech.edu
ICQ: 5944649

'78 Westy (maybe some CIS injection,Corvair, turbos --- hmmmm...)
'65 Beetle (Type IV powered)
'99 CR-V 5 speed
'49 Chevy 3100 Pickup
'81 Honda CB900C