Re: [oletrucks] Happy birthday

To: "New Mexico Jim" <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Happy birthday
From: "Woods E. Houghton" <woodecindy@caverns.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:22:55 -0700
The first truck were used according to my Dad, against Poncho Villa in
Columbus NM.  They used wagon and pack mule all the way into Vietnam believe
it or not.  Truck were original used as supply vehicles and in W.W.I some
armored half track were used as troop transport.  Of course W.W.II was the
great build up and replacement of draft animals.  When I was a kid we had a
bunch of W.W.I mule harness around the place.  One advantage USA had in
W.W.II was the fact that most men had some mechanical ability and if a truck
malfunction someone could get it going with out calling up the mechanic.
Woods
53 five window