[oletrucks] Wheels for AD with disk brakes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Wheels for AD with disk brakes
From: "CHARLES A. CLARK" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:26:41 -0500

I have gone to disk brakes and a 74 nova rear with my 49 Panel.  When I
originally went to 15" wheels with the 6 bolt pattern with 235 70x15 tires the
tires were rubbing the tie rod ends.  Before I got it on the road I went to the
new brakes and rear end so I am using 5 lug instead of 6 lug but I have the same
clearance problem.  Anyone else had this problem and what did you use to solve
it. I just called one of the after market wheel places advertised in Custom
Classic Trucks and they are out of sight + - $80 a wheel.  I need a 4 3/4
backset, maximum.  I just do not have that much time to do a search through the
salvage yards although I am getting a little time to go to one this weekend. Any
suggestions for a doner car/truck?