Re: [oletrucks] Door Striker Plates

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Door Striker Plates
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:37:26 -0800
Deve now that you have the strikers that don't bend around the corner of the
cab, you have the correct strikers for the 52-55 1st series pick-up's.  The
1947-51 strikers are thinner and have counter sunk holes on the strikers
thus using the shorter counter sunk clutch head bolts.  The 1952-55 1 series
striker doesn't use counter sinking at the holes of the striker and thus
uses a slightly longer pan head clutch head bolt  which you can substitute
with a 7/16 or 1/2"  hex head bolt.

 I've done that conversion about 10 years ago and want to say that the
1947-51 jam area for the striker is designed differently do to the different
striker designs.  As you already discovered the elimination of the two door
bumper on the striker for 1952-55 1st series.  I don't think the 1952-55 1st
series cab have the step in the jam striker area that corresponds with the
striker of the 1947-51.

I can tell you exactly tomorrow as I'm installing Bear Claw in a 1947 GMC
1/2 ton tomorrow and can compare the pocket area with a 1953 cab that I have
at the shop.

Before you even start to install the strikers hang the door and line up the
body lines on the cab with the front and rear of the cab so all you'll have
to do is slide the striker to set the doors closing tension.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/