[oletrucks] Vacuum Lines and Grease Fittings

To: Old Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Vacuum Lines and Grease Fittings
From: Michael Mendonca <mm@service-quality.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2000 08:58:23 -0800
Here's a tip that I thought I'd share re: cleaning vacuum lines and zirc
fittings.

Vacuum lines:  run a line of steel fishing leader through the line and tie a
pipe cleaner to the end very tightly.  Bend the pipe cleaner so that it
approximates the inside diameter of the line so that when you carefully pull it
through, it cleans the inside.

Grease fittings:  Use another pipe cleaner dipped in gas, solvent or acetone
and push it into the fittings to press out much of the old grease.  Then, with
your grease gun, pump a little fresh grease into it from the proper direction
and it blows the old stuff out.

Hope these are helpful.

Michael 54 Chevy 3100