RE: [oletrucks] Truck Covers

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Truck Covers
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:51:36 -0500
Ahhhhhhhhhhh,

  So you want to cover an "oletruck", eh????  I'll assume for the sake of
argument that you're talkin' mebbe' about some kind of storage?  I wrote an
article (--of sorts--) on the subject of winter storage.  See the whole
thing at http://www.stovebolt.com/truck/winter.htm

  Pick out a spot where it won't be in the way. Hopefully with some
ventilation to let the air git to it and dry it out. A damp, musty garage
will probably result in a damp, musty truck. I don't have a garage, so I
eyeball my spot pretty careful like. I try to avoid places like under a tree
where branches might fall off in a storm, or where the leaves will set up on
the truck and rot through the winter, or under power lines, where the birds
can do the target practice thing.

      I don't much like the idea of puttin' a tarp over the truck either,
cause' a tarp don't breathe well, and it'll keep all kinds of moisture up
underneath it (Spell that R-U-S-T!). Bit rough on the paint, too. I've heard
them new fangled car covers are much softer and are made to breath pretty
good, but my personal preference is just to let her sit, uncovered. That way
I can check for squirrels and mice makin a house in there and what not. I
don't have one o' them Ten Gazillion Dollar Paint Jobs to worry about
either. (Extra can of Rustoleum is always layin' around somewhere handy...)

Yours,
Kevin P.
The NAPCO Owners Group
"oletwuk@fastrus.com"