Re: [oletrucks] 1950 Crossmember

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1950 Crossmember
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:00:19 -0500
Deve, are sure the standard trans even has a x-member? My 4-spds never had
one. They had open drive lines tho. I'm thinking all the old trucks and the
cars too just used the bellhousing to mount trans, might be wrong. Check the
Assembly Man, which I should have B4 this mail, I guess. The engines used
front and bellhouse to mount, if it had a trans mount it would only have two
sidemounts on engine like later years. A three-point mount that way.
  I'm 45 and not liking to work on old stuff like I used too. I keep buying
more tools to make it easier. It's harder to find time and money now with
teenagers and overtime at work wearing me out. Now that it's winter I pretty
much stop all garage work, even tho I have a furnace (somewhat) to heat
garage. It's still cold at floor and costs a lot to run with house heat too.
I'm at the point that I'm thinking of sending more work out to others to do
and just "bite the bullet" to pay for it. It is hard to find people to
bother with "restoration" problems. They all are used to R&R of new parts.
The old truck bug is in the "blood" and can't seem to get rid of it. I tried
and sold most of my tools and projects once to make spouse "happy" for once.
That lasted about a year and I started all over again and now have 4 or 5
projects going that I'll probably never finish, who knows? Good Luck and
happy hunting or ?
                                      "G"