Re: [oletrucks] Strange Park Brake Solution

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Strange Park Brake Solution
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:26:47 -0600
To see the strange park brake I have in my Deluxe 50, go to www.awdirect.com
and type in item MBL-1PWS. Interesting concept. You push in on the regular
brake and set the lever to 'lock' and it holds all 4 wheels. I am still
trying to understand why I need it in a 1/2 ton pickup for a few reasons. #1
is that it applies constant pressure to the entire brake system. This means
all of the rubber parts in the wheel and master cylinders as well as the
rubber hoses all have pressure on them for extended periods of time. Doesnt
sound like a good idea to me. #2 is with a single master cylinder, they are
notorious for losing pressure after awhile when constant pressure is
applied. This would make it not only a hazard to your brake system, but
downright dangerous. Anyone having another opinion, please say since I am
not all that expert on the AD's brake system and maybe I am worried for
nothing. I can see it in a farm truck used for short periods of time with
heavy loads. But a daily driver 1/2 ton with a perfectly good emergency
brake system in place already?

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html