Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic - Any knowledgeable model train guys

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <GremlinGTs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic - Any knowledgeable model train guys
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:29:00 -0500
Jerry, you can't mix AF and Lionel track and run the trains.  AF uses one
rail as HOT and the other as Common.  Lionel uses the center rail as HOT and
both of the outer rails as Common (note the outer rails are electrically the
same because they are connected together via the Ties, only the center rail
is isolated).  I can't remember if AF is AC or DC but I do know Lionel is
AC.

Lionel trains is just another FUN hobby to compliment the Old
Trucks.....along with......Old cars, Old lawn tractors, old tools, ESSO gas
memorabilia, old Matchbox cars and Die cast models (First Gear, Ertl,
Liberty, Hess, Shell and Texaco).  I think this is an illness many of us
have !!!  :)

Remember, He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland