Re: [oletrucks] '51 Furniture body

To: <DFloyd818@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '51 Furniture body
From: "Brian Stephens" <intubated@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:25:08 -0600
I believe, and this is information I have on 1949 models, that the 3800
series were 1 ton trucks.  Model 3809 had a stake body, but the bed sides do
not look as you described.  Model 3808 had a platform body (flat bed), but
no humps over the wheels as you describe.  And model 3803 was a chassis and
cab combination.  Possibly your father purchased a 3803 and built, or had
built, the bed and sides.  Of course, they could have been a dealer
installed accessory.  I think people modified these trucks to suit their
needs.
Brian Stephens
49 3104
Owasso, OK