RE: [oletrucks] Painting the Steering Wheel

To: Jon Kunkel <jonkunkel@home.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Painting the Steering Wheel
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 07:27:41 -0600
Tom,

My limited experience with rattle can clear coat paint is that it seems to
be softer than what is sprayed on at a paint shop.  I have tried a couple of
different kinds including the auto touch-up kind and it is extremely
difficult to sand or buff, unlike the finish on the rest of my truck.  About
the fine cracks in the steering wheel, maybe you could use a filler primer
and then sand and topcoat.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas