[oletrucks] Interior color & other

To: Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Interior color & other
From: JGWolford@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:19:57 EST
I would like to know if the Task force trucks are supposed to have steering
wheel colors that match the interior or are they supposed to be black?  One
might refer to my truck as a Heinze 57 because it is a 57 GMC chasis with a
56 chevy cab.  It has a 57 chevy grille not the GMC. It also has a NOS chevy
tailgate so the exterior is all chevy. I bought it from the original owner
who said it had been rolled at the tender age of 24,000 miles.  He also cut
the GMC dash out of the wrecked cab and put it in the 56 chevy cab.
Originally I planned to put a V8 in but recently have thought about keeping
the six.   Does anybody know if a cam change is enough or necessary for the
installation of an Offenhauser Dual intake maifold?

Jim

Heinze 57, Falls Church, VA