Re: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in

To: "Holly and Chris Mills" <scmills@tntech.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:09:22 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Holly and Chris Mills" <scmills@tntech.edu>
To: <old-chevy-truck@egroups.com>; <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 2:44 PM
Subject: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in

> Will a 216 idle smooth?

Is a blue bird blue?  I swear, if all 216s ran like the one (with Carter
W-1) in my '46, there would have been no need for automotive technology
advancement beyond that point!  Okay, MAYBE the mechanical lifters are a
little noisier than hydraulics and MAYBE some people like to rev 'em over
3000 rpm and stuff like that, but hey, I love the ol' trucks and I'm stayin'
on the list for that reason.

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA