[oletrucks] Suspension upgrades

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Suspension upgrades
From: "Peter Volwerk" <chevy@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:17:06 +0100
Hi all,

My contribution to this list isn't that much because there is a time
difference of 8 hours, so i usually see the questions and the answers the
same time.
To make my contribution to this list here is some info that came in response
of my homepage.

The k frame out of a 76-80 Plymouth Volare or Dodge Aspin work really nice
under the
front of a Task Force truck.  It is easy to put under the front of these
trucks.
You do not cut the original frame but this bolts to the underside of the
frame like it did on the car it came out of.
The front suspension from the doner car is a tortion bar set up rather than
coil springs. You can adjust the tortion setting so the truck can be lowered
or set at stock height.
The front k fame from a 1980-86 Dodge Diplomat, Chrysler New Yorker or
similar Mopar products of those years is the same as the Volare k frame.

Also a mid 80's Lincoln continental rear works nicely under these trucks.
You now have four
wheel power disc brakes  and power steering.  The cost is around 500 bucks
with all new brake componets.

Greetings,
Peter Volwerk.
'58 3100