Re: [oletrucks] vacuum advance / lines

To: wschick1@twcny.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] vacuum advance / lines
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 21:33:22 EST
In a message dated 12/9/00 5:32:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wschick1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> List,
>
>  My winter project is to rebuild a 235 for my truck. I am putting a dual
>  intake manifold on and was wondering about the vacuum lines. each carb has
>  spot for a vacuum line and the manifold has a spot for one as well. Is it
>  better to plug the carbs and run a line from the manifold ? Or try to
>  connect both carbs up to the vacuum advance ?  I have seen on either the
>  stovebolt or inliners page that keeping a vacuum advance, even with dual
>  carbs is the preferred setup. Is this true even with the Mallory dual point
>  or hei distributors ?
>
>  Any and all feedback welcome.
>
>  Bill Schickling
>  1940 3/4 Ton

  You'll want to use one off the carb' ported vac., assuming you're using an
original type distributor.

  If you use intake vacuum, then intial advance will be too much, and you'll
get part throttle pinging...and if you set the timing back to compensate,
your total advance will be too low for any mid to upper RPM use.

Mike