[oletrucks] Hamerite

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hamerite
From: Survyvr1@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 06:55:55 -0600 (CST)
Has anybody tried the "Hammertone/finish"-like paint that "Rustoleum"
markets in "rattle-cans"?
I've used the "Black", which finishes out to kewl silver-gray/gunmetal
finish, on my steering wheel, steering column, heater, seat frame and
bed strips n' hardware.
It provides a great contrast point with the black n' white and stainless
color scheme I've got going.
This paint is great, most app's you don't even need primer just degrease
and scuff up the surface n' it applies pretty easily. If in doubt, you
can apply it over a self etching primer like the "Martin-Seymor"(?)
available at NAPA.
I've applied three coats about fifteen minutes apart, let it dry for
about a week then coated with the "Rustolem" 'Crystal Clear" and have
gotten a deep finish that has just the "Hammer"-finish I wanted and
extra protection with the clear.
Thought I'd pass this along-Steve

Steve Douglas
51 3100