Re: [oletrucks] Dual carbs/vacuum advance q

To: "J Forbes" <jforbes@primenet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dual carbs/vacuum advance q
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:41:45 -0800
It's interesting you mention the progressive setup.  I tried that on my
setup and it worked horribly.  First, there is no plenum in the manifold and
I'm not sure how one would add one (it's a pretty small opening).  Second,
the inlines are prone to fuel condensation in the manifold, therefore heat
must! be added to the base of the manifold (this may or may not have an
effect).  I also think the carbs are spaced too far apart and the cylinders
that are spaced far from the primary carb get starved for fuel.  If someone
figures out how to get a progressive setup to work on an inline, please
email the group as I'm very interested (especially with Rochesters).

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100