Re: [oletrucks] AD graveyard

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, DFloyd818@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD graveyard
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:50:20
David et. al.

I have been having trouble getting on Hotmail for the last few days.  I
tried to get this out on Monday but I guess that it wasn't meant to be.  I
believe that I have located the 'AD Graveyard' or 'AD Mecca' and it is in
Sterling Co.  I went there a few days ago and checked it out.  All the
panels and suburbans are gone and now three more Pcups are sold.  The owner
really wants to get out of the business for reasons unknown to me but I will
ask him this Friday when I go to get some more parts.  SHMBO?  City?
Idunno.

Anyhoo this was the deal last Friday - 40 AD vehicles on wheels (3/4 Pcups,
one bus, and the rest farm trucks) for $10K if they were moved within thirty
days, $11K if moved within 60 days, $12K if moved within 90 days.  After 90
days in comes the "C word" (crusher [ohhhhh!]) and to the scrap yard we go.
I sure hate the "C" word.  The $$$$$ includes all the extra parts that he
has and AD cabs that are off frame (about 20 of 'em).  Parts include
generators, starters, grills, axles, frames, radios, bumpers, brackets,
doors, fenders, gauges, corner windows, motors, tranneys and the list goes
on.  It was kinda cold that day and I didn't linger too long but he gave me
a complete tour of the place.  He seems to be a straight shooter and a
likeable fella.  I asked him it if was OK to put this on the list and he
said it was OK.  He even gave me a complementary "NO TRUCK PARKING" embossed
sign.  If someone buys the whole thing then there will be no more parts
sold.  Sounds fair to me.

His deal for individual trucks sold is an extra cab in the box while
supplies last.  One list member has already partaken of this deal.

Ping me off list if you need more info.  I live about an hour away from
Sterling.  BTW I don't get a commission for this.  I'm doing it because I
hate the 'C' word when it is used in the same sentence as Chevy and GMC AD
trucks.  The 'C' word only fits with the 'F#%D' word.  I don't have anyplace
for this stuff or else I would be all over this deal.

Durwood
51 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window