[oletrucks] Removing old spray paint from chrome

To: "oletrucks posting" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Removing old spray paint from chrome
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 19:58:22 -0600
Thanks everyone for their advice.  Ended up using lacquer thinner on a rag
soaking over the chrome for about 1 hour.  Worked good to get the black paint
off.  Had no affect on the chrome.

 However, under the black areas was this off white, very sticky, glue like,
paint, which I ended up scrubbing with #0000 steel wool, alot of elbow grease,
and 2 cups of coffee to keep the elbow grease level up to par.  I don't think
it was primer, but it eventually came off.  I found out why it was painted
black though.  The PO tried to cover the rusted areas on the chrome.  But I am
working on that now.

I will have to get the buffing wheel out and try to get that off.

Again thanks everyone for their input, very useful.

Jon 50 3104
Chicago burbs