Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Cannisters

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Cannisters
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:42:50 EST
In a message dated 12/18/00 4:07:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dkrehbiel@kscable.com writes:

> I have a 50 deluxe cab that I am spending all my hours on these days making
> it just the truck for my daily use. It has a 261 in it and it has no oil
> filter cannister. I have one I can put on, but I would like to hear opinions
> on the usefulness of the cannister. My 50 frame-up project has one because
> its a very common option and I felt it needed to be there, but it wasnt
> original equipment and its a major pain to clean. Also, any 261 owners...
> does the standard oil filter cannister really work well on this engine since
> its a full flow oil system? Thanks again!

  Deve,

  What i can tell you about the cannister, is I still run it on my '59 235,
with the oil bath aircleaner as well....

  The truck see's about 1000 miles a month lately, and the oil is as clean as
can be...I don't get in the dirt too often...but comparing the oil in it vs.
my other cars...I'd say it keeps the oil clean enough....

  Mike