Re: [oletrucks] Oil capacity in 235

To: "Carlos Madero" <cmadero@flavorite.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil capacity in 235
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:55:46 -0500
Carlos, beware of inaccurate dipsticks!  When I got my '47-2 three years
ago, it had the wrong dipstick in it.  It read 'full' when it was actually 3
quarts low!  I was having constant low oil pressure and thought I had major
engine problems.  When I found out the oil capacity was 6 quarts (with
filter), I changed the oil, put in 6 quarts, then took a file and made a new
'full' mark on the old dipstick.  No more problems.  Very interesting that
the PO never mentioned this!
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC
tcape@weblnk.net