Re: [oletrucks] Picture of 3 spd Overdrive

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Picture of 3 spd Overdrive
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:56:39 -0600 (CST)
It would help if you identified your truck's year and make/model somewhere.

Don't know what year you are talking about, but my '57 factory service
manual covers it in great detail, starting on page 7-15.  The book "How to
Restore Your Chevrolet Pickup" also covers this pretty well.

The brake ring is a parking brake from a 1 ton or larger truck, at least in
57.  That's assuming this thing came from a Chevy truck.  Otherwise, don't
know.  Most 1 ton or larger had 4 or 5 speed trannys.

The biggest problem with these is apparently the solenoid burning out.
Nobody makes replacements and they usually have to be converted to manual
actuation to work again.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN