[oletrucks] 1955 First Series GMC Truck with Hydramatic

To: OleTrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1955 First Series GMC Truck with Hydramatic
From: Sandy Sexton <ssexton1@kc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:58:26 -0600
I just wanted to check to see how many truck owners have an automatic
original Hydramatic transmission?

Other question, I have had all the hood ornaments rechromed, and want to
paint the Hydramatic lettering and the GMC emblem.  The person who is
overseeing the restoration, suggests GMC Orange/Red?  What are your
thoughts?  Also, what is your suggestion as to where to get the paint?
Should I use modeling paint from a Hobby store, or should I try and get
touch-up paint from an auto part store.  Also, is there a specific
color?

Pictures of the truck can be found at
http://home.kc.rr.com/sextonsk/index.html

Thank you for any comments or suggestions that you might be able to
share with me since this is my first endeavor.

--Sandy