Re: [oletrucks] new overdrive option!

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new overdrive option!
From: "Woody" <woodrow@isomedia.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:22:17 -0800
I have not seen the article, but I had a Mopar A-833 4 spd behind a 350 Chev
in an AD truck, and it requires an adapter available from Trans-Adapt. The
input shaft pilot bearing stub must be shortened about 3/4" and a Chev pilot
bushing bored out to fit the larger diameter of the Mopar shaft.  The
bearing retainer needs to be turned down to fit the Chev throwout bearing.
The Trans-Adapt adapter may need to be bored out to fit the bearing retainer
as the Mopar A-833 used four different retainers depending on the input
beariing size, and the application.  This is a good, bullet proof tranny,
and the swap is fairly straight forward and well worth the effort.

Woody
53 GMC