Re: [oletrucks] Remote booster.

To: "CHARLES A. CLARK" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Remote booster.
From: "David L. Clark" <dclark3@MMCABLE.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:12:14 -0800
I have a 57 Short stepide with a TransAm clip, 700R4, Z28 Disc rear, and a
Camaro transmission crossmember.  In order to clear the cross member and yet
keep the firewall clean we mounted an 8" Midland booster to the frame in
between the step and the frame. We used a new master cylinder (original
pedal setup) and fed the output from the master cylinder to the inlet side
of the booster. From the output side, we ran the  brake line back through
the frame to a distribution block.  From  the distribution block, we ran the
brake line inside the frame to each of the front wheels.(really clean).  A
single line was run from the distribution block to a splitter mounted on the
differential.  This setup provides individual lines to each of the rear
calipers.  The truck is still in the building so I haven't had an
opportunity to test it in operation.
A couple of years ago, we used basically the same setup on a 37 Chevy Sedan
with front disc and rear drum.  In that case we used a adjustable
proportioning valve to achieve the correct front to rear ratio.  Many of the
current street rods successfully use a remote booster.