[oletrucks] Steering Gear Lube

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering Gear Lube
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:19:55 -0700
Hi...

I've had trouble with using either 90wt gear oil, or
grease...the oil leaks out and doesn't do it's job
of lubricating, and the grease doesn't flow enough
to do it's job of lubricating.

So...the best thing is to use the GM lube that's
made for the job, part #1052182 at your Chevy
dealer.  It comes in a 10 oz tube, enough for one
steering gear box.  The tube I'm staring at is a few
years old, so it's possible the part number has
changed.

Jim F
59s in AZ