Re: [oletrucks] gas tank for under bed on 50 3100

To: <gls@4link.net>, <RobXR250@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gas tank for under bed on 50 3100
From: "David L. Clark" <dclark3@MMCABLE.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:23:59 -0800
Hi gang.
What is the difference in spacing between the rails on the AD vs TF models?

A fuel tank from a 86 Full size Blazer fit perfectly between the frame rails
on my 57.  We welded another formed cross-over bar from a donor TF toward
the front of the frame between the rails to support the top of the tank.  To
hold the tank in place, we fabricated and welded brackets to the frame to
accept the straps from the Blazer.  The only drawback is that the fuel inlet
is on the pass side as opposed to the driver side. ( I guess a good sheet
metal shop could turn it around.)  Anyway, the fill pipe fits between the
frame rail and the bed (tight) and will be filled through a flap door
mounted in the back of the rear fender.
Do you think that type setup will work on the AD models?