Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Head Bits and Riveting Tools

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Head Bits and Riveting Tools
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:40:41 -0800
I located the complete set of Clutch tips at Osh Supply.  The Snap-On dealer
and Napa store also carries the tip set.

I have the tool your talking about Deve.  It looks similar to the rivet gun
for pop rivets but uses a wide assortment of different diameter threaded
shaft to screw of special threaded rivets to insert into the desired
location and when the handle is compressed it expand the outer diameter of
the "nut sert" into the hole for a permanent installation.  I've seen the
tool for sell in the Eastwood Catalog but I bought mine at the local Osh
Supply store before they quit selling them.  The local parts store sell
basically the same thing in a little tool that threads into the "nut sert"
and you hold one end still while you turn the other to expand "nut sert"
into the hole opening.

I call it a "nut sert" but their also called "blind rivets" and other names.
All I know is that it sure saves time and like you said their are locations
all over the AD's that have these type of pressed in thread rivets that
sometimes need replacing.

Joe