[oletrucks] Re: Old AD radio

To: dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Old AD radio
From: EKWatson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:17:29 EST
Durwood,
What year GMC radio?  I didn't look up your model number but you may have a
mounting problem.  Also, I assume that the GMC radio is 6V positive ground
and your 51 Chevy will probably be 12V negative ground (most people convert
to 12VDC).  These are the first two issues that come to mind.

On restoring the GMC radio (inside)....
       1.  replace all tubes for new ones unless you have access to a tube
tester.
       2.  replace the vibrator with a solid state one.
       3.  replace all electrolytic caps
       4.  lube all mechanical mechanism inside

I have done several restorations - even some for heavy chevy and they came
back for more.  If you aren't electrically tallented I will gladly give you a
qoute.
All the best,
Eric
50' 3600